416 U.S. Highway 41 S. - Ruskin,
The Historic Tampa/Hillsborough County Preservation Board
The L. L. Dickman House was erected in 1910 for the
Ruskin founder and is one of the three major structures associated with
the utopian community to survive. The generously proportioned house shows
the stylistic influence of Charles A. F. Voysey, the English architect who
popularized a revival of English, vernacular architecture. The sweeping
gable roof, simple, uncluttered lines, ranges of casement windows and
substantial massing are all hallmarks of Voysey's Arts and Crafts style.
the house is a remarkably mature local expression of the Craftsman
Bungalow mode considering its early construction date.
Read more, written by the students in Mr. Dunn's
5th grade class at Cypress Creek Elementary School: