Ruskin's first post office
(Click on the image for a larger version)
|Mrs. Adaline Dickman
Miller founded the first post office in Ruskin on August 7,
1908. The post office was located in one of the dormitories
of the first Ruskin College. The doorway to the post office
can be seen on the left of the photo, and Dr. McA Miller on
the far left. Mrs. Miller is on on the bridge, in white.
After the college fire of 1918 the post
office was moved to the
college president's house.